Welcome to the Gsm Forum ShaarpMind.

+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up Help! Stuck on Android screen...

I have searched and cannot find an answer which will solve my problem. I believe its called boot looping? Sorry this is going to be a long read* but please bear with me.

It originally happened after I rooted my phone (original 1.5 software) following these directions: How To: Root the Samsung Behold 2 | The Unlockr. After that* I deleted DinerDash2* Midnight Bowling* Wheres Waldo* IM* Talk* Amazon MP3* MyFaves* Telenav* HotSpot* Audio Postcard* Postcard.apk.

When I tried to reboot my phone* I was stuck on the Samsung screen. I finally got the screen to go away* but a message repeatedly popped up saying the TwLauncher closed unexpectedly.

Then I tried using ODIN and installing BH_Mans factory v1.6 http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-behold-2/63612-port-behold-ii-factory-1-6-a.html. I used the adb commands to delete the bloatware again. Restarted the phone and got the same problem. (Except I was stuck on the android screen.)

I tried to install the factory v1.6 again* then immediately did a factory restore* and then rebooted my screen once it loaded. Everything seemed okay. I uninstalled the stock games and rebooted again... it seemed to be working. When I uninstalled more apps (including CubeLauncher) and restarted the phone... I got the same problem again!! title=Mad

What do I do? Did I uninstall something I am not supposed to? I think I might try installing the 1.6 No Twiz Kernel. I am sick of these "TwLauncher closed unexpectedly" messages.

Quote:

zonzi
    605575/

I have searched and cannot find an answer which will solve my problem. I believe its called boot looping? Sorry this is going to be a long read* but please bear with me.

It originally happened after I rooted my phone (original 1.5 software) following these directions: How To: Root the Samsung Behold 2 | The Unlockr. After that* I deleted DinerDash2* Midnight Bowling* Wheres Waldo* IM* Talk* Amazon MP3* MyFaves* Telenav* HotSpot* Audio Postcard* Postcard.apk.

When I tried to reboot my phone* I was stuck on the Samsung screen. I finally got the screen to go away* but a message repeatedly popped up saying the TwLauncher closed unexpectedly.

Then I tried using ODIN and installing BH_Mans factory v1.6 http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-behold-2/63612-port-behold-ii-factory-1-6-a.html. I used the adb commands to delete the bloatware again. Restarted the phone and got the same problem. (Except I was stuck on the android screen.)

I tried to install the factory v1.6 again* then immediately did a factory restore* and then rebooted my screen once it loaded. Everything seemed okay. I uninstalled the stock games and rebooted again... it seemed to be working. When I uninstalled more apps (including CubeLauncher) and restarted the phone... I got the same problem again!! title=Mad

What do I do? Did I uninstall something I am not supposed to? I think I might try installing the 1.6 No Twiz Kernel. I am sick of these TwLauncher closed unexpectedly messages.

Try the Odin with 1.6 No Twiz be sure that you put in the behold2.ops file as well as the 1.6 No Twiz file and make sure the no Twiz file is on PDA if you havent already...

do not uninstall the cube launcher* for that is what I believe to be giving you FCs

Quote:

2FR35H
    605619/

Try the Odin with 1.6 No Twiz be sure that you put in the behold2.ops file as well as the 1.6 No Twiz file and make sure the no Twiz file is on PDA if you havent already...

I did that before* but thanks anyway. Ill make sure I do it this time too.

Quote:

paul89
    605625/

do not uninstall the cube launcher* for that is what I believe to be giving you FCs

The first two times I did not uninstall the cube launcher* so I dont think thats what caused the first two FCs* but possibly the last one.

Okay Ive installed the one without Twiz* and the homescreen is completely different. Ive even rebooted it.. and no FCs! title=Smile

The Boot loop is Due to MyFaves being removed...
    It took some work on the No Twiz version regarding this... MyFaves is tied into the system on the factory Roms & I had to remove it..

everything you removed was fine up until you removed MyFaves..

Associated Moderator

Hey BH_MAN is it ok to remove device managment from the stock build or is it tide into the system as well?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast