Shaarp Mind GSM Forum

Associated Moderator

Thumbs up BlackBerry - How to Disable Security Code of Black Berry with New Desktop Manager???

I Installed BlackBerry Desktop Manager 6.0.2.44 and I tried to Disable Security Code of my BlackBerry 9700 with the method below but There is no Policy Manager in this Location

HKEY_Current_UsersSoftwareResearch In MotionBlackBerryPolicyManager
    There is only Manager instead of Policy Manager Before Installing this Version of BlackBerry I always used Desktop Manager 4.7 and I always Succeeded to disable Security Code of BlackBerries with the Method Below

I also Tried in other computers with the same Version 6.0.2.44 But no Sucess What to do NOW

I have to Install Desktop Manager 4.7 OR IS there any Solution to Disable Security Code with the New Desktop Manager 6.0.2.44

Plz tell

The OLD process is

Step 1 Ensure the Blackberry Desktop Manager is installed using Blackberry Internet Service* and not Blackberry Enterprise Server. If you are unsure* it would probably be a good idea to uninstall the Desktop Manager and start again.

If you dont have the CD that came with your Blackberry* the Software can be downloaded here.

Step 2 Download the file policy.bin and save it in your Blackberry installation directory (C:Program FilesResearch In MotionBlackBerry).

Step 3 Wipe your Blackberry* creating a backup if necessary. Select Options/Security/Wipe on the Device.

If this option is unavailable* you may have to install the latest software on your Blackberry. You need to Download and install the latest Desktop Manger Software* then the latest Handheld Software. Connect your device* open the Desktop Manager* select Application Loader* and follow the prompts.

Step 4 Close the Desktop Manager if it is open.

Step 5 From the Windows Start Menu select Run...* and at the prompt type regedit. In the tree on the left hand side* navigate to:

HKEY_Current_UsersSoftwareResearch In MotionBlackBerryPolicyManager

Right-Click the Policy Manager Folder and select New/String Value. Name the value Path. Now* Double-Click the Path Subkey and set Value Data to:

C:Program FilesResearch In MotionBlackBerrypolicy.bin

Step 6 Open the Desktop Manager.

Step 7 Connect the Device.

Verification

Once complete* the Options/Security screen on your Blackberry should not contain references to an IT Policy* you should now be able to change all settings (including password prompts)* and install Third Party Applications.

Its working perfectly on 9700 bold.

Thumbs up How to Disable Security Code of Black Berry with New Desktop Manager???

Thanks for your share this here

Thread Information