follow this guide to upgrade to 2.3.3
download these files
2.3.3 firmware Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
mr pit http://www.thegalaxytabforum.com/ind...&attach_id=156
dbdata file http://www.thegalaxytabforum.com/ind...&attach_id=157
odin 1.85 http://www.thegalaxytabforum.com/ind...&attach_id=158
0. Preparing to Flashing the firmware
1. Take the main firmware and unzip the file using winzip or another extraction program. When it unzips you will be left w/ a .tar file. This is the file you will need to flash.
2. Unzip ODIN V1.7. You will have several files in the folder. you will use the file called Odin.exe
3. Unzip the pit file. you will be left w/ a .pit file
4. Unzip the dbdata file and you will be left w/ a file named dbdata.tar.
Take all those files and put them in a folder inside the main folder so they are in one spot and easy to find.
1. Flashing the Firmware
1. Double click ODIN.exe to run the program.
2. Make sure your tab to turned off. Hold the Power and Volume down button at the same time and it will have a android guy in a triangle w/ a shovel and hook it up to your computer. This is the download mode.
3. in the PDA section of odin place the main firmware .tar file in that section.
4. Place the .pit file in the pit section and make sure repartition is selected.
5. Hit start and it will flash the firmware.
2. Second Phase to flashing Firmware
you tab will reboot after the firmware flashes. Shut it down.
1. Place tab in DL mode again and hook it up to your computer. Power button and Volume Down at the same time.
2. Place dbdata.tar into the PDA section in ODIN (DO NOT SELECT REPARTITION)
3. Hit start and it will flash the .tar file.
4. Shut down the tab.
3. Phase Three of Flashing Firmware
We will be placing your tab into recovery mode. In Recovery Mode you will use the volume up and down keys to navigate and home key to select.
1. Hold Power and Volume up together.
2. Release Power after holding it for about 4-5 second and continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu shows up.
3. Select wipe cache (When Done go to next step)
4. Select wipe data/factory reset.
5. Select reboot and you are done. You now have Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread.