Welcome to the Shaarp Mind Forum.

+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

After years of service I was finally completely irritated with the pricing for ATT. So I ditched my ATT service and got Straight Talk. So far I have been happy with the service. Although* not so satisfied with my new E71. I unlocked my bold last year because I am required to travel abroad for work. In any case. My Straight Talk sim works fine in my bold to TXT and CALL but data seems to be another issue. I was wondering if there was a way to get the DATA to work on my Blackberry?

Not without an active BlackBerry data plan title=Frown

I am not expert but have been reading up some. Is it possible through WAP?

/ I am not expert but have been reading up some. Is it possible through WAP?
    Still requires a data plan* I couldnt even do it via wap without it.

Sorry I forgot to mentions this but the service has unlimited DATA service.

Does it have BlackBerry data though? That is the important part. The service books are sent to the phone* which allow the phone to be used to its fullest. Without those* you are stuck where you are right now* with a phone that half works.

Just browsed the Straight Talk website* and there is no mention of any BlackBerry device or data plan available. I cannot find anything on Google about it* so my guess is that it simply will not work.

StraightTalk does not have BB support. I believe the only prepaid company that does in the US is T-Mobile.

/ StraightTalk does not have BB support. I believe the only prepaid company that does in the US is T-Mobile.

Virgin Mobile too.

Associated Moderator

As stated* youll need to go with T-Mobile regular plan if you want a BIS or BES plan* which are needed to get what you desire and the full capabilities of your device.

ive read that modifying the service books is the way to go. if anyone is interested ill post a link for instructions. so far only data* but no MMS.

I bought a verizon blackberry 9650. It is unlocked. Can I modify the service books to get it to work on Straight talk? Do you still have the link for it?

Thanks
    title=Wink

If you have a GSM blackberry* you can sign up with simplemobile. They are a new prepaid MVNO that runs on the T-Mobile network and they support BB

you can have data on your blacberry with straight talk* i have my blackberry bold 9000 and the internet is working* just bb messenger* mms* DO NOT WORK.

just go to this website and follow the instrucions [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

/ After years of service I was finally completely irritated with the pricing for ATT. So I ditched my ATT service and got Straight Talk. So far I have been happy with the service. Although* not so satisfied with my new E71. I unlocked my bold last year because I am required to travel abroad for work. In any case. My Straight Talk sim works fine in my bold to TXT and CALL but data seems to be another issue. I was wondering if there was a way to get the DATA to work on my Blackberry?
    you can have data on your blacberry with straight talk* i have my blackberry bold 9000 and the internet is working* just bb messenger* mms* DO NOT WORK.

just go to this website and follow the instrucions [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Member Newly joined

Hi - I have a blackberry bold 9700 on straight talk. CAn you send the service book info so that I can make my data service work? I've tried EVERYTHING!

Thread Information