Welcome to the Shaarp Mind Forum.

+ Reply to Thread + Post New Thread

Dont formay cause it will still ask for security code* hard reset would make you loose everything on the phone..thats bad..=)
    Hope you have your usb cables with you* then follow this(Ive tested this on n95 8gb* n82* 6500s) BB5 phones tested* havent tried this one with earlier models
    First up* google Nemesis Service suit v 1.0.38.14 or later* download* install then run the application.(I think you can find it here in dotsis* cant upload* have no account..)
    Then connect your phone in pc suite mode( use your usb cable). But dont open the pc suite.
    Go to NSS then click the magnifying glass button on the top right* its the scan for new device button.
    After your device is found* click the phone info button* top left area. Then click permanent memory tab at the bottom right.
    Tick the button to file then click the read button on the right side next to it.
    After it is done* open up the directory where you installed nss and find the pm folder* the directory should look like this:
    C:Program FilesNSSBackuppm
    there will be a pm file there with your phones IMEI(serial number) as the file name* open it with notepad. (ex.1234567890123456.pm)
    Find this: [309]
    // search for the whole [309] string and not just the number ok?//
    easier if you would use the find tool with notepad* CTRL+F
    You will be taken to the line with that string.
    A few lines ABOVE it you will find this line:
    5=31323334350000000000
    Here is your lock code..=)
    well not all of those digits* its in this format:
    3 a1 3 a2 3 a3 3 a4 3 a5 0000000000000000
    in the case above* the lock code would be 12345 (a1a2a3a4a5)
    which is the default lock code*

write yours down and try not to forget it again..=)
    close nss* then remove your phone*
    change it in your settings..no need to elaborate on that..
    you may be experinecing troubles like this:
    even if you typed the correct code youll still be getting a code error message* Ive experienced this with my friends 6500slide* he previously inputed so many codes before he gave me his phone and I think this is the cause for it* I just inputed the correct code several times* rebooted and repeated the process* reboot again if necessary* take a few minutes nd a lot of patience and the code will be finally recognized..
    hope this helps..
    please feedback if you encounter problems along the way* and also if anyone has tried this on earlier models* we might learn something new.=)
    link to download nss: download

any body tested?
    need advice

dont work dimwad ! how can u connect via USB PC Suite if your phone dont let u even connect via USB if u forget ur security code.
    NEXT TIME TEST BEFORE YOU POST !

Quote:
    ashraf_bcs / Dont formay cause it will still ask for security code* hard reset would make you loose everything on the phone..thats bad..=)
    Hope you have your usb cables with you* then follow this(Ive tested this on n95 8gb* n82* 6500s) BB5 phones tested* havent tried this one with earlier models
    First up* google Nemesis Service suit v 1.0.38.14 or later* download* install then run the application.(I think you can find it here in dotsis* cant upload* have no account..) Then connect your phone in pc suite mode( use your usb cable). But dont open the pc suite.
    Go to NSS then click the magnifying glass button on the top right* its the scan for new device button.
    After your device is found* click the phone info button* top left area. Then click permanent memory tab at the bottom right.
    Tick the button to file then click the read button on the right side next to it.
    After it is done* open up the directory where you installed nss and find the pm folder* the directory should look like this:
    C:Program FilesNSSBackuppm
    there will be a pm file there with your phones IMEI(serial number) as the file name* open it with notepad. (ex.1234567890123456.pm)
    Find this: [309]
    // search for the whole [309] string and not just the number ok?//
    easier if you would use the find tool with notepad* CTRL+F
    You will be taken to the line with that string.
    A few lines ABOVE it you will find this line:
    5=31323334350000000000
    Here is your lock code..=)
    well not all of those digits* its in this format:
    3 a1 3 a2 3 a3 3 a4 3 a5 0000000000000000
    in the case above* the lock code would be 12345 (a1a2a3a4a5)
    which is the default lock code*
    write yours down and try not to forget it again..=)
    close nss* then remove your phone*
    change it in your settings..no need to elaborate on that..
    you may be experinecing troubles like this:
    even if you typed the correct code youll still be getting a code error message* Ive experienced this with my friends 6500slide* he previously inputed so many codes before he gave me his phone and I think this is the cause for it* I just inputed the correct code several times* rebooted and repeated the process* reboot again if necessary* take a few minutes nd a lot of patience and the code will be finally recognized..
    hope this helps..
    please feedback if you encounter problems along the way* and also if anyone has tried this on earlier models* we might learn something new.=)
    link to download nss: download
    r u sure. Then connect your phone in pc suite mode( use your usb cable). But dont open the pc suite. if there is password on the phone then how u do it???????????and if you know that password then y u need to do it????????????
    plz explain* i am sure you have some explanation for it as you said that you have tested it on few phones.

Quote:
    ashraf_bcs / Go to NSS then click the magnifying glass button on the top right* its the scan for new device button. After your device is found* click the phone info button* top left area. Then click permanent memory tab at the bottom right. Tick the button to file then click the read button on the right side next to it. man dont be spaming here* this is absolutely Wrong.
    Did you consider it (Phone) will ask you for drivers if it has Security Code or Locked by User?
    No it will not ask you for drivers* if it (phone) can ask for drivers so it can also be Factory Set instead using this old and long procedure (read pm* find code in 308 field)
    Phone can not be connect if it has Security Code or Locked by User. Not Working!
    B.R.*
    kashi4gul

Only way it can be RESET is by JAF* MT-BOX and other boxes with the use of FBUS Cable.
    MT-BOX users can use it without FBUS Cable by doing the following:
    - Charge Battery
    - Turn Phone OFF
    - Connect phone via USB
    - Connect MT-BOX & Launch Application
    - Choose type eg RM-303* RM-313 etc (Make sure Latest Firmware installed)
    - Then click on USB Button & only Select MCU File
    - Click on FLash press Power On & it will come with error
    - Now tick PPM File & Content and the Click on FLASH
    - It will FLASH the phone to the latest version and code will RESET to 12345

it looks like u have tried this on one of the handset that u already know the security code.
    very OLD solution mate.
    and the one u r talkin is completely rubbish.

Quote:
    kushstha / it looks like u have tried this on one of the handset that u already know the security code.
    very OLD solution mate.
    and the one u r talkin is completely rubbish.
    Try it on Mt-BOX ul see it works via USB cable. I resetted lock code for my customers using the USB Cable for 5800 and 5310 and N82.

I have tested it with 5300 and followed the instruction it says Reading Eprom error not working!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Waste of time
    lucki

I just registered to the forum to say thanks very much! This method worked exactly as described and I was able to acquire the security code so I could give the phone to someone else.
    Tested on a Nokia 6110 Navigator and worked perfectly.
    Cheers! title=big

yes this method only works when you forgott your security code and its not active as well if security code is active then you cant connect with USB cable * must read the code by FBus Method.
    Take Care
    ENJOY

yes this method only works when you forgott your security code and its not active as well if security code is active then you cant connect with USB cable * must read the code by FBus Method.
    Take Care
    ENJOY

The problem is bigger.. apart in the new phones the code is crypted so if you dont know the algo you cant read it.. as well in some models it is in the PM35..
    Anyway if you cant access your mobile as it is blocked by code just put a resistor about 5 Kohm between BSI (o) and GNS (-) pins of the battery ans plug the battery too.. when you switch it on it will go in local mode and can be seen by NSS.
    In the factory settings tab of nemesis you can find a button user code* just thick it and click on the button reset.. and it will be again 12345.
    Operation for sure more easy then read a PM and if needed decrypt it
    BR
    Alex

thanks........................for info

Thanks a million. Been struggling to reset the lock code of our Nokia 6110 Navigator for ages as we wanted to reset it before giving it for use to a family member. This guide is really easy and a life saver! Cudos to the author!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information